I wanted to new multi-channel amp to replace my previous Marantz MM9000 power amp.  After reading various reviews on diyaudio.com I decided to use Hypex modules.  Specifically, UcD180HG 180w amp modules along with Hypex’s SMPS power supply modules.

I used a chassis from Modushop and had a rear panel machined and printed by Schaeffer.

These are the images of the competed build.

Amp Front

Amp Top 2

Amp Rear Lid off

Amp Rear

Because the amps expect a balanced input I also needed to make some phono to XLR input cables.

I was very happy with the result though later replaced the front two channels with a tube amp as I found the sound a little too clinical.